Backstage Theatre, Longford | Thurs 28 June
Words Ireland Literature Curator Dani Gill is working at the Backstage in her home county of Longford. She’s lined up a compelling series of author discussions with a few little surprises in store for attendees at each event.
The third event in the Voices series takes place on Thursday 28 June and features Ruth Fitzmaurice (I Found My Tribe) and Leanne O’Sullivan (A Quarter of an Hour) in conversation with journalist and researcher Edel Coffey. Tickets €10/€12, booking here!
The above events form part of the Words Ireland’s pilot project – the Venues Initiative. We are working with two highly experienced producers under this pilot programme to develop quality, ambitious literature events for the stage. We’re also keen to:
- Create meaningful and relevant career opportunities for writers,
- See more literature producers and writers apply for Arts Council Touring grants,
- Bring more literature events to regional arts centres and theatre stages,
- Increase venue managers’ and directors’ understanding of literature event production and help them to develop literature audiences,
- Share our learning and knowledge with the wider literature community, through a number of documents and events, to support the ambitions of anyone with quality and ambitious ideas for producing or touring word-based events.
We plan to develop and expand this initiative in 2018 and 2019 to reach a greater number of venues and larger audiences across the country.