Do you have a published book – fiction or non-fiction – that would be suitable for adaptation to the big screen? Have you produced a play or published a short story that would work as a feature film.
Words Ireland in association with the Screen Directors Guild of Ireland and the Irish Writers Union is searching for 10 published writers to speed date and pick the minds of 10 established film directors at Words Ireland @ ILFDublin: A National Day for Writers, taking place at IMMA on Friday 25th May.
Back due to popular demand after the success of last year’s SDGI/IWU sessions, this fast-paced session will see help writers get valuable feedback on projects, create new connections and potentially find you a director who can bring your text to screen. The meetings take place over a 90 minutes with a light lunch included. Writers can follow up with directors later in the day at the conference drinks reception thanks to our friends at Kinnegar Brewing.
How to Apply
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- The book/short story that you’re pitching must be published with a traditional publisher, or be currently signed with a traditional publisher. Play scripts must have been professionally produced already.
- You must be able to confirm that the film rights to this work are available for licensing.
- You have already purchased a ticket to Words Ireland @ ILFDublin – Click here to book.
If you meet the above criteria, then email the following details to email@example.com by midnight on Thursday 17 May 2018.
- Title of work to be pitched:
- Year of Publication/Production:
- Web link to book/story collection’s publisher page:
- Summary: (200 words maximum):
Please Note: only the ten most suitable ideas and their authors, as decided by the IWU and SDGI, will be selected to go forward and meet the 10 directors.