The NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2015 is organised by the Roscommon Writer-in-Residence scheme, which is funded by Roscommon County Council and The Arts Council and supported by the Roscommon Herald, the Roscommon People and by Shannonside FM.
The winner will receive a monetary prize of €500 and will have their winning entry printed in the Roscommon Herald and the Roscommon People. It will also be broadcast on Shannonside FM.
Also: Four runners-up will receive €50 each
Deadline: Tuesday, 30 August 2015
- Entries, in English, on any theme, in any literary form, will be accepted.
- The competition is open to anyone over 18. All entrants must have a connection with the county of Roscommon (born in, living in, currently working in, went to school in, etc).
- Typed entries (handwritten entries cannot be accepted) must be no more than 500 words. Mark the number of words in your entry on the bottom of the page. Entries over the 500 word limit will be automatically disqualified.
- Include your name, address and contact details, plus your connection to the county. Include these on a separate page, not on your entry.
- There is no entry fee.
- Post your entry to: NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2014, Roscommon Library, Roscommon Town, Ireland.
- OR email your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your email NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2014.