Independent research consultant, Heather Maitland, has been hired to oversee the Words Ireland 2021 surveys. In order to protect privacy, Heather:
- will be the only person to see the individual responses.
- has set up the survey so that ISPs are not collected.
- won’t present the analysis in any way that allows individuals to be identified and is sensitive to the different kinds of information that might lead to identification.
- will subdivide responses by cross-tabulating. The analysis won’t make sense unless the number of responses in each subdivision is big enough to be statistically significant so this precludes identification.
- will group responses to open text questions by topic, and will illustrate each topic with a representative quote which won’t be identifiable as coming from a particular individual. Raw data from the last question will be redacted to ensure privacy.