Words Ireland and the Munster Literature Centre will be running a significant mentoring opportunity for a Munster-resident poet.
- A senior poet will be chosen to mentor a poet with at least one collection published and no more than two. Over the course of a year the senior poet will guide the mentee in preparing their next book.
- The process first involves selecting the senior poet.
- After the senior poet is selected we will issue the call for applications by eligible poets wishing to be mentored.
Senior Poet Application Call
Applications are invited from poets with four or more collections published, to act as mentor to a published poet, not yet at mid-career, working towards their next collection.
- You will be a poet recognised as critically acclaimed.
- If appointed as mentor you will get to select the mentee-poet from applications submitted. You will then engage in six two-hour mentoring sessions over the course of twelve months beginning in October.
- Mentoring sessions can take place at the Munster Literature Centre or at a location mutually agreeable to the Mentor & Mentee.
- There is no travel allowance available. €2100 is budgeted for fees. Eligible applicants must be resident in Munster.
Please apply by email to Patrick Cotter, Artistic Director, The Munster Literature Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, submitting a literary CV and a note on why you think you are the ideal candidate.
Deadline: August 1st
If you need to discuss your application further with the director he can be reached on 021-4312955.